Remote access technologies
Modern remote technologies use different devices to view and control video equipment: PCs, tablets, mobile (such as smartphones).
There are two main options for remote access to video surveillance:
• Remote server (cloud video surveillance);
• Connection to equipment for storage of video data (PC, video recorder).
Modern CCTV cameras are constantly improving. Their quality improves in the following areas:
• New technologies for the production of matrices;
• Use of new methods of processing the incoming signal;
• Improvement of the software hardware of video cameras.
Advantages and disadvantages of cloud video surveillance
Any video surveillance technology has its pros and cons. Cloud surveillance is no exception.
The disadvantages include:
• Failures in communication between the server and the camera, which causes the loss of a part of the video;
• The need for cloud servers.
• Limitations in the resolution of the size of the system and video equipment;
• High prices.
But, besides the disadvantages, there are also advantages that cover the disadvantages. The pluses of cloud technologies include:
• Ease of use and installation;
• Storing data in the archive, which reduces the likelihood of seizure by outsiders;
• Setting up SMS notifications when motion is detected in the field of view of the video camera;
• Additional functions: registration of visitors and their search;
• Data confidentiality.